Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH CARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Notice of Privacy Practices Effective: 1/3/18 Revised: 12/01/2022
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc and its wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates (“American Care Partners @ Home, Inc,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) use health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment, for administrative purposes, and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive. Your health information is contained in a Health care record that is the physical property of American Care Partners @ Home, Inc.
How American Care Partners @ Home, Inc May Use or Disclose Your Health Information
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use your health information to provide you with Health care services. For example, information obtained by a healthcare provider, such as a physician, nurse, or other person providing health services to you, that is related to your treatment/care will be recorded in your record. This information is necessary for healthcare providers to determine what treatment/care you should receive. Healthcare providers will also record actions taken by them in the course of your treatment and note how you respond to the actions.
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use and disclose your health information to others for purposes of receiving payment for treatment and services that you receive. For example, a bill may be sent to you or a third-party payer such as an insurance company or health plan. The bill may contain information that identifies you, your diagnosis, and your treatment or the supplies used in the course of treatment.
For Healthcare Operations.
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use and disclose health information about you for operational purposes. For example, your health information may be disclosed to members of the health care staff, risk or quality-improvement personnel, and others to:
- Evaluate the performance of your staff
- Assess the quality of care and outcomes in your cases and similar cases
- Learn how to improve our facilities and services
- Determine how to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare we provide.
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use your information to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
Required by Law.
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use and disclose information about you as required by law. For example, American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may disclose information for the following purposes:
- For judicial and administrative proceedings pursuant to legal authority
- To report information related to victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- To assist law enforcement officials in their law enforcement duties
Your health information may be used or disclosed for public health activities such as assisting public health authorities or other legal authorities in preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability or for other health oversight activities.
Your health information may be disclosed to funeral directors or coroners to enable them to carry out their lawful duties.
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc may use your health information for research purposes when an institutional review board or privacy board that has reviewed the research proposal and established protocols to ensure the privacy of your health information has approved the research.
Health and Safety.
Your health information may be disclosed to avert a serious threat to the health or safety of you or any other person pursuant to applicable law.
Specialized government functions, such as the protection of public officials or reporting to various branches of the armed services, may require the use or disclosure of your health information.
Your health information may be used or disclosed in order to comply with laws and regulations related to workers’ compensation.
Your Health Information Rights
You have the following rights:
- You may request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45CFR§164.522. However, American Care Partners @ Home, Inc is not required to agree to a requested unless it is a request to restrict disclosure of your protected health information to your health plan and if the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or healthcare operations and is not otherwise required by law; and if the protected health information pertains solely to a healthcare item or service for which you have paid in full.
- You have the right to see copies of your electronic health record if American Care Partners @ Home, Inc uses electronic health records.
- You have the right to request and obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- You have the right to obtain and/or inspect a copy of your health record as provided for in 45CFR§164.524.
- You have the right to amend your health record as provided in 45CFR§164.526.
- You have the right to request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- You have the right to revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except when i) action has already been taken or ii) if the authorization was obtained as a condition of obtaining insurance coverage or other laws that could provide the insurer with the right to contest a claim under their policy.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of where your protected health information was disclosed during the six years prior to the date of your request.
Uses and Disclosures of Your Health Information that Require Authorization
- The use and disclosure of psychotherapy notes, except i) use by the originator of the psychotherapy notes for treatment; ii) use or disclosure for training programs in which students, trainees, or practitioners in mental health learn under supervision to practice or improve their skills in group, joint, family, or individual counseling; or iii) use or disclosure to defend in a legal action or other proceeding brought by you.
- Uses and disclosures for marketing purposes. Face-to-face communication by us to you or a promotional gift of nominal value will not require your authorization.
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of protected health information.
Communication of Privacy Concerns
You may contact American Care Partners @ Home, Inc and/or the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against for filing a concern. You may file a complaint with American Care Partners @ Home, Inc by sending a written notice to the address at the bottom of this page.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights200 Independence Ave. SW Washington, DC 20201
You may also call 1-877-696-6775 or visit https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/index.html.
Obligations of American Care Partners @ Home, Inc
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information
- Provide you with this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information
- Abide by the terms of this notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your information is used or disclosed
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Obtain your written authorization to use or disclose your health information for reasons other than those listed above and permitted under law
- Notify you following a breach of unsecured protected health information American Care Partners @ Home, Inc reserves the right to change its information practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information it maintains. Revised notices will be made available to you by written notification.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the following:
American Care Partners @ Home, Inc/Compliance Officer6521 Arlington Blvd., Suite 410 Falls Church, VA 22042