Our pediatrics private duty nursing is designed for children with complex medical needs. These children may require round-the-clock nursing care to manage their health conditions and ensure comfort and safety.
Private duty nursing for pediatrics can include a wide range of services, including administration of medications, wound care, monitoring of vital signs, assistance with daily living activities, and more. This can be especially important for families who have a child with a chronic illness or disability, as it can provide peace of mind knowing that their child is in good hands.
If you are considering private duty nursing for your child, it is essential to choose a licensed and accredited reputable provider. With the right private-duty nursing provider, you can ensure that your child receives the best possible care and support, allowing them to live a comfortable and fulfilling life. Choose AMERICAN CARE PARTNERS.
Pediatric PDN & skilled nursing
AMERICAN CARE PARTNERSPediatric Home Health Care Services for Children in Northern VirginiaFor the Special kids who need continued specialized Nursing care after returning home!
Private Duty Nursing (PDN) allows your medically fragile child to receive quality, skilled nursing care in the comfort of their home: a setting preferred by most patients and their families.
We Specialize at Providing Pediatric Home Care Services to Children that usually need transitioning from the acute NICU setting to their home setting. We provide both skilled nursing ( RNs / LPNs ) intermittent visits and Private duty Pediatric Nursing (Shift based pediatric home care) for virtually all conditions facing medically fragile children including:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders (Including Insulin Pumps)
- Respiratory impairments, In-Home Mechanical Ventilation and Tracheotomy care or In-Home Asthma Management,
- Apnea Monitors
- Infusion Therapy,
- Neuro-muscular Disorders,
- Brain / Spinal Cord Injuries,
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Feeding Disorders (Cleft Lip/Palate. NGT, GT/,JT, G-Tube)
- Multiple trauma including Orthopedic injuries
- Seizure disorders
- Spina bifida
- Cardiac disorders | Kidney disorders
- Congenital anomalies
- Developmental delays / Failure to thrive
In addition, we provide Comprehensive Pediatric Case Management services for home-bound patients including coordination of PHARMACY and HOME MEDICAL EQUIPMENT. We work with families, discharge planners and insurance representatives to ensure not only a successful outcome, but also a less stressful provision of care in the home.
- We work with discharge planners to facilitate the discharge process as we ensure all orders and equipments have been coordinated.
- We are proactive in keeping physicians, discharge planners, and payers informed of changes in client’s condition.
- Our specialized and dedicated staff and supervisors are familiar with the stresses associated with bringing home a medically complex child.
- We know the importance of maintaining children at home, allowing them to thrive and remain out of the hospital.
- We are experienced at collaborating with school districts to ensure regular attendance by medically complex children through the aid of an accompanying nurse
PDN is a covered benefit of most insurances including Medicaid or families can use private funds.
For pediatric patients who need care for a shorter period of time, we offer intermittent skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing visits are typically shorter than PDN visits, and our nurses focus more on medical care, rather than assisting with their patient’s daily life.
Our Value-based approach to skilled care
All of our RNs, LPNs and LVNs are fully screened and credentialed, and have experience providing care for pediatric patients with a variety of ailments. Our team can help you and your child manage complex medical needs at home. This includes:
- Ventilator and tracheostomy care
- G-tube care or NG tube and management
- Diabetes management
- Seizure management
- Oxygen management
- TPN infusion
- Administering medications and therapies
In addition to these services, our nurses will communicate any changes in patient condition to the office and physicians, reinforce education provided by hospital staff, promote education in the home, coordinate home medical equipment and supplies and assist with appointments. They can also help with personal care and meal preparation.
Our Program is run under the supervision of a full time Medical Director. You can count on getting the best caregivers possible for your child. Our nurses are proud of their reputation as highly skilled pediatric home care providers, and, at a minimum, have:
- Previous pediatric experience or have completed our pediatric care training programs
- Successfully demonstrated and completed written skill competency tests
- Current state licenses
- Criminal, background/drug & child abuse clearance
- CPR/Emergency/First Aid Training & Certification
- Multiple Reference Checks
- Ongoing Nursing Competency Evaluations and In-Service Training
If you are considering private duty nursing for your child, it is essential to choose a licensed and accredited reputable provider. With the right private-duty nursing provider, you can ensure that your child receives the best possible care and support, allowing them to live a comfortable and fulfilling life.
To learn more about our team and the services we offer, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To learn more about our adult Private Duty skilled nursing services.